Jonathan Kimball at Locol Barley and Vine

December 13 WSAW, 2012
"Salvaged from the fallen trees of the great Seattle ice storm of 2012, the collection of art for sale has been crafted and assembled over the past few months in Covington, WA. This concept of capturing small scenes of Aspen wilderness is something I've wanted to put together for a few years.  I'm very excited to finally have some pieces on display. I couldn't stand seeing all of this wood lying on the forest floor, so it's been recycled and finished for your viewing pleasure. The wood frames are made of pine. I rusted and painted the backdrops to add an industrial element to a a few pieces. With appropriate lighting, the depth of the frames allows beautiful shadows to fall on the walls. Finally, the copper deer is framed with reclaimed, whitewashed barn wood from the 1930's.
I hope you enjoy these pieces as much as I enjoyed putting them together. This is the start of a collection that will evolve with each new volume. It's amazing what can be recovered, refined, and preserved from organic materials that would otherwise be left to whither and decompose."

No comments: