From Alki to Endolyne, the West Seattle Art Walk is brought to you by your local West Seattle merchants. Dozens of merchants in the West Seattle Junction, Alki Beach, Admiral District, Morgan Junction, Fauntleroy District and Delridge are displaying art and showcasing artists the second Thursday of EVERY month, 6-9pm!
Not to be missed on Thursday night. The owners of Twilight Artist Collective (three west seattle artists) will be opening their group show during the art walk with ART and a tacky holiday sweater contest). Again, not to be missed!
Brunette Mix 1st Anniversary Open House Come celebrate Brunette Mix's 1st Anniversary Open House at Art Walk on December 11th! Lisa Petit Various Art Mediums www.lisapettitdesigns.com lisa jane pettit,
My love for drawing since childhood and my background as a graphic designer play an important role in directing my art. The designer in me leads me to create linocuts for more simple, high contrast imagery and the child in me loves to doodle the details in the more elaborate etchings and to color the monotypes.
Sweetie's presents Carla Davis. Carla's work features birds and other winged creatures in colorful mixed media.
10. Capers Booksigning, West Seattlite, Kathryn Kingen, will be signing her new book "Good Ciao" this Thursday from 6-9 p.m. Kathyrn joined forces with Italian Chef Roberto Russo publishing a collection of recipes from the Pacific Northwest and Tuscany. We'll be serving hors d'oeuvres from the book during the artwalk. Jessica Morris Photography www.travelbugphoto.etsy.com Digitally enhanced travel photography. 1
Kathleen Peppers Large scale acryllic Large scale acrylic paintings on canvas; post-impressionist/pointillism/divisionism landscapes, cityscapes and other. Bold colors with full spectrum palette.
12. Wild Rose's presents jewelry artists Mercedes Baudrand and Liana Laughlin from "The Beautiful"
13.Friends and Company
Janice Warren oil and acrylic on canvas murals.hypermart.net Traditional, representational and realistic paintings done with extreme detail and drama.
Tacky Holiday Sweater Party Get on ebay and buy your tacky holiday sweater so that you can fit in at our party! During Decembers Art Walk we will be whoopin' it up in here with Christmas classics that we can all sing together whilst wearing tops that will make the neighbors smile in utter amusement. Come one, come all! Twilight Founders, Erin, Cheryl and Mary Multi www.twilightart.net About the Artists: Cheryl Robinson, Erin Crawford and Mary Enslow, founded Twilight Artist Collective in 2005 and have been running around like three Chickens with their heads cut off ever since. For the first time they will showcase their own works together in the venue they’ve created! Encaustics by Cheryl Robinson, Paintings by Erin Crawford and 2-D mouth works by Mary Enslow.
17. Vérité Coffee & Cupcake Royale is proud to house the debut of "Animals," a large-scale acrylic on wood series by artist Christian Poules. www.thisispropensity.com
18. 8 limbs yoga
5 years ago while traveling in India on a yoga adventure I stumbled upon some fantastic antique lithographed calendar pages. I couldn't resist, so I bought 100 or so of them and now I am framing them up to sell. Many, many gods, goddesses and scenes from the great Indian epics. If you don't see what you like, just ask and I may have it!
19.Dream Dinners, West Seattle proudly presents Michael Warlum. Stop by to enjoy his work and a tasty treat from the Dream Dinners menu.
Georgia Blu is proud to present the whimsical paintings of local artist, Susie Perry. Please come see her lovely creations which will brighten any room!
22. Arts West: CIRCUITOUS SURFACES, Britt Freda, Todd Bernave, Jane McGehee, Janet Millerthrough January 3 The bustle of the holidays often gives little time to slow down and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. All four artists in this exhibition have created such intriguing artwork that you just have to take a moment to relax and enjoy.
24.ElliottBay Brewery and Pub
25. Northwest Art and Frame presents Ray Pfortner, Bringing West Seattle and Vashon In Sharper Focus through Photography
26. Sleepers In Seattle is proud to sponsor artist Sylvia Portillo. “Drawing on Nature” Botanical and wildlife art are completed in whatever media suits the artist and the subject matter be it wood engraving, graphite, watercolor, gouache, cut-paper collage, pastel or any combination of the above. The end result will always be used to create giclee prints and most certainly card art.www.nalt.com/sylviaportillo
Barbara Draper Acrylic on Canvas Abstract Expressionist Paintins, each piece having a personal story. Also showing work are artists Jana Ablin, Sharon Ackerlund, Nancy Adams, Barbara Benedetto, Colleen Doherty, Julie Eiselt, Jessica Jee, Jennifer Jennings, Kristie McLean, Richard Pierce, Alison Power, and Janet Skinner.
28. Click! New screen printed art by West Seattle's own Megan Bailey and 15% off Click's famous collection of glassware. http://www.meganbaileydesign.com/
31.Alki Mail and Dispatch
32. Revolution Coffee, Angie Houck"First Show" I am a beginning painter,but have been an art person since a young age. I paint acrylic paintings, watercolors, and I sometimes scan or photograph my paintings and digitally enhance them. My focus is primarily on light and beautiful architecture so that when you look at the paintings, they make you smile and dream a little. Mixed Media (Acrylic, Watercolor, Digital, Photography) www.revolutioncoffee.com
Styling Studio presents Kathleen Lopez, her medium, Polaroidmanipulation, give her photographs a painterly feel, reminiscent of the impressionistic style.Come by and meet the artist.
35. The Bohemian
The Bohemian is pleased to host these fine local artists:
Stacy Sterling: Ocean-themed acrylics on canvas; vibrant colors, flowing forms. Large to small canvases. www.basilictextiles.com
Victoria Heuman: Innovative multi-canvas acrylics. Sculptural abstract compositions rich in color and theme. www.jetscapes.com
Brian Nunes: Prints from original oils and acrylics. Surrealist compositions inspired by Salvador Dali and Vladimir Kush. www.brianart.com
This Thursday artwalk, get a sneak peek of photographs that will be for sale to benefit a good cause! Get your Xmas shopping done and help build schools at the same time. Skylark is hosting an art fundraiser for the nonprofit organization, http://www.projectschoolhouse.org">Project Schoolhouse. The group builds school houses in rural Nicaragua to help developing countries with educational opportunities. Curated by local photographer http://http://christykinskey.com/">Christy Kinskey, this show features local and semi-pro photographers. Everything will be for sale in a silent auction on Sunday, December 14th, so be on time! Silent Auction begins: 5:00pm. All ages live music provided by The Raggedy Anns and Troubleshooter. 7:00 - 10:00pm. See http://www.skylarkcafe.com for more details.
42.Youngstown Cultural Arts Center will be be displaying artwork created by Cooper Artist Housing residents "Fire in the Del" Nov.13-Dec. 5 and will be available for public bidding through silent auction. Proceeds support resident artists andYoungstown CulturalArtsCenter. Mixed Media, 2D and 3D workwww.youngstownarts.org
NOT ON MAP
Red Cup Espresso, photographer Michelle Smith Lewis
Photographer Christopher Boffoli presents a multimedia show called "Roam" from his collection of photographs from 2000-2008. The collection will be presented digitally on the flatscreen displays over the bar at the Ama Ama Oyster Bar & Grill, 4752 Calfornia Ave SW from .